Sunday, May 07, 2006

Selçuk Environs

Today was a day for visiting a couple of the towns around Selçuk.

This morning I took a bus up to Şirince, a quaint little winemaking village in the hills east of Selçuk. Unfortunately there are no tours of the wineries themselves but there are plenty of places handing out free samples and I had a truly fantastic lunch (local ravioli with a sauce of yogurt and ground pepper) at one of the village restaurants.



After Şirince I headed out to Çamlik to take a look at the steam locomotive museum. Interesting but would have been better if they'd left the locomotives looking a bit more run down.



In other news I'm still not sure exactly when I'll be leaving Selçuk. Certainly won't be tomorrow though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

All photographs copyright Brian A. Wilcox unless otherwise noted.

Newer›  ‹Older