Tuesday, November 25, 2003

Back in Strung Treng after a short trip to Ban Lung. It was mostly uneventfull except for the trip back today. The driver of the mini-bus I was riding in managed to throw out the rear suspension on a series of potholes. Took them about 1 1/2 hours to take everything apart and put the axle back where it belonged. I've been waiting for one of these experiences. Seems like everyone I've talked to here has had a bus, taxi, or boat breakdown but my transportaion has been suprisingly reliable.

Tomorrow I head to Laos. Although I'm really looking forward to Laos I am sorry to be leaving Cambodia already. I ended up enjoying my time here more than I expected.

Myfirst stop in Laos will be the island of Don Khon in the so-called 4000 Islands region. After that I'm going to spend 4-5 days exploring the islands before starting to work my way north. I expect to be offline until I reach Pakse about a week from now. In fact, I expect that my internet access will be less frequent for most of my time in Laos.

Sorry for the recent lack of pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

All photographs copyright Brian A. Wilcox unless otherwise noted.

Newer›  ‹Older