Sunday, December 14, 2003

Vang Vieng is a nice little traveler's haven. If I hadn't just spent two days on Khao San road arriving here would have been a bit of a system shock after a couple weeks in southern Laos.

The scenery here reminds me a bit of Tam Coc in Vietnam with much cleaner water. Yesterday afternoon I went tubing on the river that runs past the town which was nice although I started a bit late in the afternoon and the last hour was a bit cold. Today I wandered around the area went to see a couple of the caves which are the big draw in Vang Vieng.

Here are a couple pictures from this afternoon.



Tomorrow I'm heading north-east up to Phonsovan where the plain of jars is located, although I am not going to stop for sight-seeing there quite yet. I'll be passing through on my way back from the far north-east so I'm going to save it for then. It's a long trip up to Sam Nuea and I plan to head up there as fast as possible then see sights on my way back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

All photographs copyright Brian A. Wilcox unless otherwise noted.

Newer›  ‹Older