Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Bummed in Vientiane

I'm in Vientiane now with only a few hours to go before I have to catch my bus back to Bangkok. Hard to believe I've been in Laos 10 whole weeks, and I'm very much not ready to leave yet.

I'm still going through my pictures for the big Nam Song river roundup I've been promising and I plan to post tomorrow from Bangkok. Meanwhile, here's a picture from the Kayak trip I took on my way from Vang Vieng to Vientiane yesterday.



That picture was taken a the lunch stop near the one set of big rapids that we hit on the trip. You can see a picture of me getting devoured by these same rapids from my previous visit to Laos in this old post.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you make it through the rapids this time?

Derek and Elisa

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 9:34:00 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

Nope, but I made it a bit further and think I've got it all figured out for next time now. Unfortunately this time our guides weren't offering to haul the Kayaks back upstream for another go.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 10:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All photographs copyright Brian A. Wilcox unless otherwise noted.

Newer›  ‹Older