Sunday, January 18, 2004

Udomxai has internet access so I'm on a couple days ahead of schedule. The last week or so has been amazing - right up there with my time down in southern Laos. I spent the week traveling up the Nam Ou river from Laung Prabang to Hat Sa with stops in Nong Khiaw, Muang Ngoi and Muang Khua on the way. I ended up spending longer (and traveling further) than I'd planned so I'm not going to have a chance to see everything I'd wanted in the northwest. It was worth it though.

I'm not going to do a full write up yet because the internet connection here is too expensive.

Here are a few pictures in the meantime. They don't show much of the trip itself - that will come with the full writeup. Instead I'm fulfilling an old request from my mother to post some pictures of the places I've been staying. These are, respectively, my guesthouses in Vang Vieng, Luang Prabang, Nong Khiaw, and Muang Ngoi.



Tomorrow morning I head to Pakbeng to catch a boat up the Mekong to Hue Xai where I will cross into Thailand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

All photographs copyright Brian A. Wilcox unless otherwise noted.

Newer›  ‹Older