Monday, March 29, 2004

I'm back in Mamalapuram for one night. I'm glad I decided to stop here on this trip - this is such a great little town. The touts even seem to have calmed down quite a bit since last year. I wish I could spend a couple days but I'd rather fit in more new places.

I didn't see too much new stuff, however I did manage to get a much better shot of the shore temple this time. You can actually tell it's by the shore! Here are a couple new pictures from today and you can see more from last spring here.



Tomorrow morning I'm going to go to Chennai (Madras) to try to get my waitlisted train tickets upgraded to confirmed reservations and then I'll head to Kanchipuram in the afternoon. Chennai is a little bit out of the way but they have a reservation office there that can handle foreign tourist quota tickets so I think it's worth the extra time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

All photographs copyright Brian A. Wilcox unless otherwise noted.

Newer›  ‹Older