Sunday, October 23, 2005

Never seen this before.

Amazingly enough, considering I've now been to Hampi five times, there were still plenty of things I hadn't seen before. Here are a few pictures of some sights that were new to me on this most recent visit.

The flooded "underground temple" in the second shot was particularly cool. The temple isn't really underground, rather it's just located in a depression that was dug out of the ground. The flooding must have been accounted for in the design as there were channels cut in the floor that were clearly intended to carry water around the temple.



The temples in these other pictures are right outside the entrance to Hampi bazaar itself. I've walked by both of these before but somehow managed not to explore either of them.



I've got some more pictures to post. Rather than put them up all at once I'm going to break them into themes and post them over the next couple days. Maybe this will get me in the blogging mood again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

All photographs copyright Brian A. Wilcox unless otherwise noted.

Newer›  ‹Older