Thursday, May 11, 2006

One More From Selçuk

I've finally managed to drag myself away from Selçuk (or more accurately away from Atilla's Getaway) and am now in Pamukkale. I have yet to go through my pictures from today though (I took over 150) so here are a couple more from Selçuk that I wanted to post.



From left to right the people in the second picture are: Jeff (Atilla's partner), Atilla, Ann (Jeff's wife), some random tall guy, and Rebecca (a traveler who liked the place so much she's back tending bar there).

Tomorrow I'm off for Bodrum, a resort town at the SW corner of Turkey about where the Aegean Sea meets the Mediterranean. I should have a bunch of pictures from Pamukkale and Heiropolis up sometime tomorrow too.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - that random guy is really tall.

So what did you think of Pammukale? Did you do it as a day trip or did you sleep there?

Derek

Thursday, May 11, 2006 6:47:00 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

I liked it a lot better than you did :).

Turkey is now asserting some control so tourists are no longer allowed to wander around at will, which is a good thing. They still have a long way to go though (see my next post).

If I were in charge I'd be pumping extra water up to the top rather than sending it to the hotel pools.

Friday, May 12, 2006 4:27:00 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

Oh, and I slept there.

Friday, May 12, 2006 4:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All photographs copyright Brian A. Wilcox unless otherwise noted.

Newer›  ‹Older