Wednesday, July 12, 2006

İznik

İznik (also known as Nicaea) is another one of these Turkish towns where you can't swing a dead cat without smacking history in the face (or something). I don't have too much to say on that though other than that a couple of Alexander the Great's generals fought over it and that some very important Christian doctrine was apparently decided here.

Anyway, on to the pictures...



I've pretty much decided that I am going to Edirne tomorrow rather than sticking around here for another day. All that history notwithstanding there isn't all that much to see here and I've been wanting to see Edirne so I might as well add an extra stop before I leave.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

All photographs copyright Brian A. Wilcox unless otherwise noted.

Newer›  ‹Older