Sunday, July 02, 2006

Safranbolu

Safranbolu is a cute little town that is very firmly on the tourist track. The prime draw here are the well-preserved Ottoman houses in the old quarter.



Other than the houses there isn't much to see here so today I took a long walk out to see the İncekaya Aqueduct at the Tokatlı Gorge outside of Safranbolu. The aqueduct itself probably wouldn't have been worth the 10 mile walk but the gorge and countryside were pretty and it was nice to get out of town for a while.



Tomorrow I'm heading to Ankara for a single night. After that I think I'm going back to Pamukkale. Although I've already been there it is the best place to access the ruins at Afrodisias, something I skipped on my way through in May.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

All photographs copyright Brian A. Wilcox unless otherwise noted.

Newer›  ‹Older