Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Rockets

This past Friday was the Rocket Festival in Vang Vieng. This is an annual event where the locals fire off large home-made rockets as part of a celebration relating to the upcoming monsoon. The festival started in late morning and went on all day. The rockets are pretty large and the better ones probably traveled well over a mile so you could see them from everywhere in town.

Anyway, the festival was a good excuse to finally break out my camera so here are a few pictures.



Also, while I'm at it, here's an artsy crop of an picture I took on the bus from Vientiane to Vang Vieng my first day here. The full picture is rather crappy but I kind of like the cropped view.



Other than that there's not much to report. I'm back in Vientiane for the day to get a visa for Thailand so that I can stay longer than the 2 weeks they give you at the border. Assuming the visa is done on time I'm heading back to Vang Vieng tomorrow.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Shane said...

AAAHH, that looks fun!

Tuesday, May 12, 2009 12:19:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's that on the window, or don't I want to know?
Lynne

Wednesday, May 13, 2009 3:03:00 PM  
Anonymous Sara said...

You should have taken Justin with you - he would have loved the rocket festival!!!

Friday, May 15, 2009 9:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All photographs copyright Brian A. Wilcox unless otherwise noted.

Newer›  ‹Older