Saturday, March 26, 2005

Mamalapuram in the news.

In the weeks after the tsunami in December I remember furiously googling for any news from Mamalapuram and Pondicherry but never managed to find anything.

Tonight I ran across this story about some ruins that were newly uncovered when the tsunami hit Mamalapuram. I guess this means I'll have to force myself to go back one of these days.

I was also very glad to see from this article that the death toll was minimal. Considering the location I had expected much worse.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great story - yet another excuse to visit. That one restaurant had such good food!!

Glad to hear so little damage and death.

Wednesday, March 30, 2005 2:09:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All photographs copyright Brian A. Wilcox unless otherwise noted.

Newer›  ‹Older