Wednesday, June 08, 2016

More Ambon Critters.

Yeah, the first one is yet another shrimp picture, but these are somewhat notable shrimp so I've holding off on posting them. I have a bit of a history with failing to get pictures of Coleman shrimp - I saw my first pair in Komodo in 2012 a day or two before I came down with Dengue and never got around to doing anything with those pictures. Then I saw my second pair in Komodo in 2014 during the period when I was without a camera. So actual Coleman shrimp pictures have been a long time coming.

All that said, my favorite of these is the middle picture of the three cuttlefish and I'm also happy to finally have a decent picture of a baby puffer fish to post as well.



I wouldn't expect any pictures from Nusa Lembongan - I didn't take many and, although I haven't even looked at them yet, I'm pretty sure I didn't get much of anything worth posting. In fact overall Nusa Lembongan was a huge disappointment this year as the resort I dove with doesn't dive the fast drift sites that make Lembongan so much fun anymore. And since it's too early for Mola Molas the other main draw was out as well. So we mostly just dove the easy slopes on the north side of Nusa Penida. Although they're loaded with beautiful corals that wasn't remotely what I went there for. However I did manage to find the new location of the original shop I dove with back in 2009. Now that I've found them again I plan to swing back through on my return in the fall to dive with people who know how to dive Nusa Lembongan properly.

That's it for now. I'll have one more Ambon post up in a few days featuring the critter I was most excited to see. In the meantime leave Indonesia tomorrow to start making my way to the Philippines although I'm spending two nights in Kuala Lumpur on the way so I won't be back in the water until the 12th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

All photographs copyright Brian A. Wilcox unless otherwise noted.

Newer›  ‹Older