Monday, July 18, 2016

Pygmy Seahorses. Finally!

Ever since I saw my first Pygmy Seahorses on the Liberty wreck in Tulamben back in 2009 this little critter has been my underwater nemesis. I've probably taken more than 500 pictures of them over the years but have had terrible luck getting any acceptable shots. My bad run finally seems to have been interrupted in Cabilao where I finally got decent pictures of both Denise's and Bargibanti species. On the first day there no less - subsequent encounters resulted in more typical results.

While I'm at it here are some additional pictures I liked from Cabilao. I figured I needed to post at least one picture of the amazing coral reefs there even if the picture itself is only so-so. And this (fairly heavily processed) picture of a Porcelain crab is by far my favorite of the many many pictures I've taken of these photogenic little critters this year.

I'm currently in Moalboal on Cebu island. The main draw for me is the giant school of Sardines which lives right off shore from my dive resort. Other diving on nearby Pescador Island has also been great and I already have a surprising number of pictures that I'm happy with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

All photographs copyright Brian A. Wilcox unless otherwise noted.

Newer›  ‹Older