Tuesday, September 25, 2012

It Had To Happen Eventually

Well, the Komodo Dancer trips didn't work out quite as planned. Four days into the first trip I came down with a high fever. After 2 days of fighting it I returned to Bali for a blood test. Turned out I had Dengue and had to spend a few nights in the hospital. Happily it didn't turn hemorrhagic and I was released last Friday but need to spend some time resting and recovering. So here I am bored to tears in a hotel room in Bali and missing the second trip.

Not quite the way I'd hoped to spend the last weeks of this trip. The few days of diving I did get in Komodo were every bit as good as I remembered from 2009 though. And I do have a week in the Maldives coming up on my way home so there's that to look forward to.

I still haven't even looked at my pictures from the dives in Komodo. I'll get around to it one of these days and hopefully have something worth posting.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so sorry to hear you were sick! sounds very bad - glad you recovered so quickly!

Richard D

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 9:59:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All photographs copyright Brian A. Wilcox unless otherwise noted.

Newer›  ‹Older